NEA Local Treasurer’s Handbook
The NEA has recently updated its Local Treasurer’s Handbook. The manual is very lengthy and generic and because of this, sections can be confusing because they don’t necessarily relate to situations faced by the IEA’s locals. If you would like an electronic copy of the entire manual, please request it from email@example.com. Just be aware of the above.
Excerpts from the NEA Local Treasurer’s manual – These are too lengthy or detailed to be included in the IEA’s Financial Procedures manual, but they may be of interest to you.
- Accounting Systems
- Accounting Terminology and Concepts
- Bookkeeping Forms (Samples)
- Internal Control
- IRS Rules- Political Activity
- NEA Financial/Operational Standards (Reference)
- NEA Fund (FCPE) Fundraising/Contribution Rules
- Record Retention
- Tax Forms- Glossary
Financial Procedures for Locals and Regions (2013-2014)
Here is the complete manual that is used as a training aid at our Financial Procedures Training workshops.
- 2012 NEA-RA Receipts Organizer – Delegates to the 2012 NEA Representative Assembly can use this organizer to properly document their expenses. Just tape your receipts to the page for the current travel day, then summarize each day’s activity at the bottom of the page and transfer the totals to the Expense/Mileage Report (last page).
- Revenue and Expense Workbook
- Revenue and Expense Workbook (Printable)
Local Filing Requirements
The following pertain to all of our locals. There may be unusual situations in which additional requirements exist. If there is any doubt, contact the IEA Director of Business Services.
A local or region Audit Committee should be given a list of procedures to perform and documents to examine. This helps to ensure that their work is productive and that there is no misunderstanding as to what they are doing. Click here to see a list that is used by one of our locals. Your list could be shorter, or longer, depending on what you want your Committee to review.