April 14-16, 2016
Hyatt Regency O’Hare
9300 Bryn Mawr Avenue
Rosemont, Illinois, USA, 60018
The 162nd Illinois Education Association Representative Assembly (RA) will convene on April 14, 2016. The debates and decisions made by the assembled delegates will set the direction of IEA for the coming year. Learn more about the IEA RA in this informative video.
Delegate Hotel Reservations
Sleeping rooms at the Hyatt Regency O’Hare are $176.28/night ($156.00 plus 13% tax) for single, double, triple, or quadruple occupancy. Regency Club accommodations are available at a higher rate ($186.00 + tax = $210.18).
The reservation deadline was March 25. If you have hotel or lodging needs, please contact Diane Covington at Diane.Covington@ieanea.org.
IEA Shuttle Bus Transportation from Union Station
Once again we will be offering shuttle bus service between Chicago’s Union Station, and the Hyatt Regency O’Hare for delegates arriving on Amtrak or connecting Metra Lines. Roundtrip tickets are $10 and must be purchased in advance. To order tickets, please complete the attached form and return by the deadline, Monday, March 21. No tickets will be issued after the bus capacity is reached.
To order tickets, complete the form with your contact information, the number of tickets requested, and your train line. Checks should be made out to IEA. Before you send in your order form, please check with your Region Chair to see if a ticket has already been purchased for you!
Open Hearings Schedule
On Thursday, April 14, 2016, Open Hearings will be conducted 10am-10:45am.
Professional Development Sessions
On Thursday, April 14, 2016, Professional Development sessions will be conducted 11:05 am – 12:05 pm.
RA Delegate Documents
Documents including proposed bylaw amendments, presentations, schedules and more are available on Members Only.
Use the My IEA App to enhance your RA experience. Download the My IEA App
- Open hearing schedule (sort by location)
- Professional development session (sort by location or clock hours)
- Social share your RA experience in the app Hangout
- Win prizes collecting #IEAPoints
2016 Candidates for NEA Director Video
Candidate Kiim Dwan-Collins, Candidate Gina Harris, Candidate Kari Vanderjack.
- Self parking at the Hyatt Regency O’Hare is $17.00 per day.
- Take Metra (commuter rail) – Don’t want to hassle with driving or parking?
- Amtrak offers a 15% senior discount for ages 62 and up.
- Amtrak offers a 10% discount off the best available rail fare to Chicago, IL between April 10, 2016 – April 19, 2016. To book your reservation call Amtrak at 1 (800) 872-7245 or contact your local travel agent. Conventions cannot be booked via Internet. Please be sure to refer to Convention Fare Code X67A-945 when making your reservation. This offer is not valid on the Auto Train and Acela Service. Fare is valid on Amtrak Regional for all departures seven days a week, except for holiday blackouts. Offer valid with Sleepers, Business Class or First Class seats with payment of the full applicable accommodation charges.
Grab ‘n Go Food Stations
“Grab ‘n Go” Food Stations will be available on the Entry Level during our lunch breaks from Thursday through Saturday. The hotel will also provide round tables in the Entry Level Foyer (behind the elevator bank) for dining and additional seating. Below is a sample of the food offerings at the Grab ‘n Go. Additional items will be available in the coffee shop.
- Hamburger – Condiments on the Side, 6.00 Ea.
- Veggie Burger, 6.00 Ea.
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich, 6.00 Ea.
- Personal Pizza, 6.00 Ea.
- Hot Dogs, 4.00 Ea.
- Garden Salad, 6.00 Ea.
- Chicken Caesar Salad, 6.00 Ea.
- Fruit Cup, 3.50 Ea.
- Whole Fruit, 2.00 Ea.
- Fruit Yogurt, 3.00 Ea.
- Bag of Chips, 3.00 Ea.
- Cookie or Brownie, 3.00 Ea.
- Soda or Water, 3.00 Ea.