- 12/3/13 – CMS has extended the Dependent Eligibility Verification Audit Deadline.)
- 11/18/13 –¬ VIDEO: CMS Presentation on TRAIL program
- IEA members who are currently participating in TRIP/CIP and are Medicare eligible can see a full overview of their insurance (deductibles, co-pays, premiums and insurance plans) on the CMS Total Retiree Advantage Illinois (TRAIL) website
- Benefit packets will be delivered via regular mail to participants the week of November 11th, but the information is available now on the CMS website at the link above.
IEA President Cinda Klickna and IEA lobbyist Will Lovett update IEA-R members on the changes coming to the state insurance program.
For more information, go to Illinois Department of Central Management Services.
VERY IMPORTANT: IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT YOU DO NOT MISS THE ENROLLMENT DEADLINE!
Retirees who fail to select and complete enrollment in one of the Medicare Advantage plans by December 13, 2013, will no longer be able to participate in TRIP or CIP insurance subsidies. Know that if you are required to make a decision, CMS will have already mailed you information alerting you of the need to make a decision about enrolling in Total Retiree Advantage Illinois plan.¬† Look for the TRAIL logo referenced in the video.
Under current law, participants will NOT be permitted to re-enroll in these plans in the future.
NOTE: If you do not enroll by December 13, 2013, Medicare coverage will continue, but the subsidies provided by the state plans will end.
In order to be included in the group that will be offered one of the Medicare Advantage plans, members must meet BOTH of the following criteria:
- The member must be enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B, AND
- If the member has dependents on his/her coverage, ALL of the covered dependents must also be enrolled in both Medicare Part A and B.
Additionally, members who turn 65 after September 30th of the plan year, will be able to enroll during the following fall.
For more information, go to the Illinois Department of Central Management Services (CMS) website (illinois.gov/cms/Employees/benefits).
NOTE: CMS will be holding insurance seminars around the state.¬ DOWNLOAD THE SCHEDULE
Retirement coverage is an important decision. ¬†Check the¬ CMS insurance decision guide on TRAIL
Customer service phone numbers
United Healthcare Group Medicare Advantage PPO
Coventry Advantra HMO
The Humana Benefit Plan HMO and the Humana Health Plan HMO
CMS Group Insurance Division